Looking after children AND going to work is hard. It’s a lot of rushing around, earning less money than you used to, and feeling guilty for missing those all important milestones.
But with the aim of injecting a bit of positivity into an otherwise stressful part of life, here are 10 reasons why it is also great…
- There are grown ups to talk to
- You get to eat your lunch in peace without a little person stealing it
- No one shouts “Muuuuuuuuum” at you for a few hours
- You can go to the toilet by yourself. Alone. With no one watching
- You can make several cups of tea/coffee and drink them while they’re still hot
- No Disney Jnr or Cbeebies!
- Nobody wipes their nose on your clothes
- YOU GET TO SIT DOWN
- You have a legitimate reason to work less hours than everyone else
- You realise you actually quite like your kids and look forward to getting home and giving them a big cuddle.
See, maybe it’s not all bad!